Saturday, February 7, 2015

Journal3

In Marcelo Glesier’s article “Is an Identical Copy of You, You?” he discusses that if memories and experiences were possible to be duplicated in an exact copy of oneself, how would oneself think about life and death?
          From my personal point of view, I won’t support this idea of duplication of myself. The reason why I am against of this idea is that it would cause identity of confuse. Human being have tried for thousand years to find out a philosophical question, and people are still trying to find out the answer now: Who am I? That’s how religions, psychology, philosophy and nations derived. By many copies of oneself problems, even make the puzzle worse. Who is the real mommy of mine? Who is the one that grade my math assignment? Who is the suspect whom police officers are chasing after? Who is the president of United States? Who am I actually?
          Furthermore, God created individually uniqueness, not uniformity. It probably save plenty of time for God to create one human being and then reproduce millions of that. How boring would that be for the earth? You always see yourselves and greet yourselves wherever you go. Yet, it is totally not the original plan of God. I know I sounds like a preacher. Hey, look! Have you ever notice the colors of rainbow? Obviously, there several colors in the rainbow, and that’s what makes rainbow beautiful; the shape of clouds are totally different which bring delight and joy to a day-dreamer. Isn’t it?

          The map of a country is not always the same with another one; the maple trees grows in different shape to the one next to it. Regardless of heterogeneity, uniqueness is essential. Every effort we put into the society is a collaborative work where comes from unique individual creativity. We should embrace it: being unique!

4 comments:

  1. All the great questions you've brought up probably attests to why copies may not be a good idea for society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of us want to be unique in the world, which has made this world colorful and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. However, if I meet with an accident and become incurable, I would appreciate it that if someone can make a perfect copy of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ending! Beautiful words and excellent writing. I share the same mind with you!

    ReplyDelete