Monday, February 9, 2015

Journal 3

According to Marcelo Gleiser in his articleIs an Identical Copy of you, you?, he assumed a person that is a hundred percent copy of you existing, and discussed what peoples attitudes are.

Personally, I dont think an identical copy of myself would actually be me. Even all of my experiences and memories are copied. There are several reasons. Firstly, the copy person have my memories, maybe from my birth to now, but he cannot know what will happen to me in the future. Anything is changeable, such as I can be a writer since my dream job was doctor in the childhood. Nobody can copy ones future, and thats why everyone is special. Secondly, even though the copy has my experiences, he still cant copy my thinking style perfectly. I will treat him as a best friend that could understand what I have done, but not myself. Whats more, the most important thing is that I know he is a copy from me, which may become one of my useful tools in daily life to make myself live more comfortable. He can be my assistant perfectly to deal with some simple tasks like doing homework or cooking, and I believe that he will do well. But I will not let him replace myself in life. Just like what the article said, everyone will protect themselves subconsciously. On the other hand, there should be some people that are very similar with you in the other corner of the earth, they may have a quite different life. So even the copy has the same brain as mine, I still cannot control it. So all in all, I wont think him be myself.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree your opinion. The most important thing for human being is conscious. It can't be copied as same as completely. That is why it not be actually yourself.

    ReplyDelete