Monday, February 9, 2015

Journal #3


        Marcelo Gleiser’s article entitled ”Is an Identical Copy of You, You?” discusses that whether a perfect copy of someone can be regarded as himself/herself. Let us think about this question first” How do you tell two different people?” The first answer coming into our mind of course would be from their faces. What if they look the same, twins for example? I guess the second answer would be from their personalities. What if their personalities are the same? What if one of them is a perfect copy of the other? Can you tell who is the ”original” one and who is the copy?
What makes me me? This body and everything in it. What can completely replace me? This body and everything in it. Just like I copied the sentence, no differences are there between an identical copy and me.
Without this copy I am the only “I” in the world because I see this world in my own way, I feel the world in my own way and I change the world in my own way. That is why I am unique. However, since the copy has my inside and outside, like an advanced mirror, there is no doubt that he is actually me. I mean, if a person has my face, my body, my memories, my emotions and every other things that I have, but he is not me, then who is heWho is me? Who am I ?

2 comments:

  1. great,article is brief but de[th.especially continuously why and interrogation mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I actually kind of like thinking about this stuff.

      Delete