Monday, February 9, 2015

Journal 3

In Marcelo Gleiser’s article “Is an Identical Copy You, You?, ”she states that she will not die for her identical copy for the reason that she don’t believe that there can be a perfect copy of her.

Let’s assume that scientists centuries later can make a perfect copy of anyone, I still don’t believe that the copy of myself would actually be me. Maybe both of us share the same appearance, same characteristic, same memories, but we don’t have the same future. Take one step back, I can admit that the copy of me is my past, is what I used to be, but my copy can never be what I will be. I am changing every day, every hour, every minute, and every second. At the time my copy is created, he should be recognized as an independent human being, rather than a copy of me. We share the same history but we will live the different future. Some people might hold the belief that since my copy is a perfect identical copy of me, we would make the same decisions in the same conditions. In other words, my copy could share the same future with me. Maybe that’s true, but since I am still here, I won’t let that happen. On the other hand, it must be weird if someone looks exactly the same as me lives around me. However, if we can make an identical copy of someone, instead of thinking about such stupid questions, we can make such technology a kind of medical treatment. We can upload our data everyday and once any accident happens, we can still get alive, just like live a day back in time.

Anyway, I have to say that those who put forward such questions and pretend that they are worrying about the future of human being are just a kind of people who ate too much and did so little. If they have time, why can’t they focus on inventing such technology, rather than talking all day long to make them look erudite. Maybe their words will sound philosophical at the first time, but when we calm down, we will find out that we didn’t do anything, but just wasting our time with a group of frauds.

2 comments:

  1. the summary is pretty good. the author's opinion is special and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the summary is pretty good. the author's opinion is special and interesting.

    ReplyDelete