Saturday, February 7, 2015

Journal #3

Summary:
In Marcelo Gleiser’s article “ Is an Identical Copy of You, You?,” he argues about one question that if people would like to accept the copied identity of themselves. First, he agrees with Hayworth’s idea of we might be bot able to copy the inner spirituality of human. As a conclusion, he states that there would never be a perfect copy, which is the reason why he is not comfortable with the copy of himself.

Personally, I can’t accept a copy of myself to live with me. Actually, I couldn’t accept that it should exist. Since I’m the only person in the world who knows myself the best. If there is another me. I can’t bear share my love or my family with her. Because those are the things that shouldn’t be shared. If she lived with me, I would say that’s impossible for me to share anything with her. First of all, it’s so weird to look at a person who looks exactly like me. Just as Hayworth says, the inner spirit is something that even the greatest scientist could never find a way to figure it out. Since there would be no perfect me, why bother to build one to add more people in the world. She can’t feel exactly how I feel, she can’t think exactly as the way I think, or she can’t say exactly as I say. So many things that are can’t be substituted. What I think about this scientific is it’s a good area to build a smart human just like the smart phone. The “human” they build could not be named a copy, it can only be named a robot, who look like the people already exist. 

3 comments:

  1. Me, neither. I can not stand for what I've struggled for just because someone out there is a copy of me. It's not that I am being stingy, but it's rather a copyright I've earned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's not such serious. The copies are the normal people. We could make friends with them, unless they look like a murderer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right, the copy one is not actually yourself. but I think it will has the meaningful itself, maybe it can improve the medical level in the future.

    ReplyDelete