Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Journal 3

According to Marcelo Gleiser in his article “ Is an Identical Copy of You, You?” he said there is no people would comfortable dying for copy, and it could copy out a perfect yourself, just similar with you.
I agree with author’s opinion. I don’t think an identical copy of my self would actually be me. A philosopher has said, “There are no as same as person in the world.” Whatever it’s the native or copy, whatever the technology how advanced, the completely same person will not existence. Especially, the science is improved. There are always errors, so it can’t keep completely same copy. Meanwhile, for humanness, the most important is consciousness. We know everything is changed in this world, so do consciousness. If the science is enough advanced, maybe we can copy the past and present conscious. However, the future conscious has unpredictability. It cannot be copied completely, so the identical copy of myself would not be me. In the future, if they facing the same thing need to solve, they may use different methods to get different purposes. That is the impact of consciousness.
For me, I don’t think there is meaningful for copying out a same person. Meanwhile, it will bring some moral problems. If we can change another view, we use the point that the identical copy is not actually you to improve the medical level. Find out some prophylactic method through the copy. It will good for whole human being.  


1 comment:

  1. l like the last paragraph of you sentence,depth and brief

    ReplyDelete