Sunday, February 8, 2015

journal #3

In Marcelo Gleiser’s article “Is an Identical Copy if You, You?” he gives the idea that a copy of you and discusses about the existing of that person.


In my opinion, the unique characteristic for a person is because everyone is different. There is no two leaves that exactly the same in the world, which make this world various. It’s hard for me to imagine that there exist another me who has the same experience and same thoughts. We will make the same decision, speak the same words, and fall in love with the same person. No matter I love her or hate her, she will do the same thing to me. If this person really exists, I probably will kill myself because everyone is different I don’t want to have a shadow following me everywhere.
Actually, the copy of me and myself (it’s impossible to define who is the original one) and who is the copy) will have the same mind that everyone is unique in the world. We will not live in the same place doing the same thing.  We will try to do different things, have different hobby and wear different clothes and hair style. We will try our best to live as far as we can because all of us want to be unique, because we don’t want to have a copy of ourselves. We will not let our friends and our family know the existing of another us because the only reason that we are cherished is that we are unique.
As for die for my copy, I will not do that and neither my copy. Because we live separately and actually we seems like two different person. We will always be separated on purpose to achieve different goal. However, I will appreciated for the existing for another me because she will always understand me more than anyone else, and so does she. All of these will make us into best but secret friends.

2 comments:

  1. Great points, I won't die for my copy as well. Actually, there is a famous movie related to Journal2 and Journal3, named The Island. If you are free, you can take a look at that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. last sentence is wonderful.great

    ReplyDelete