Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Journal #3

In Marcelo Gleiser’s article” Is an Identical Copy of You, You?” the author discussed that ordinary people may not choose to die for the “copy” of themselves, for it won’t be a perfect identical of themselves.
As far as I am concerned, I don’t think a “copy” can be exactly the same with the ordinary. Like the author said, nobody can be comfortable when they live with the person who have exactly the same appearance with themselves. As we can see, there always remain ethical problems towards the clone of human. When the copies of human grow up, how do they face the world when there are already have another same people? They may just be regarded as the replacement of the people who are their matrixes, in other words, I have to say, it’s unfair to them if we give birth to them and we can’t give them a good entertainment like ordinary people have, and I even don’t know why people are willing to make them a “copy” of themselves. So personally, I have to say I don’t support this issue about making a “copy” of ourselves.
In other word, just in case, if this situation happened which I have a copy of myself, I am willing to let him entered my room, living with me and, anyway, teach him everything that I learned from my pervious life. I may just regard him as my new twin brother.
The “copy” could not be the same person with me, for the result is that I have totally different living condition with him, so that I don’t think we can be regarded as the same individual. It can be constitutes humanness towards the “copy”. Once they are born, we can teach them everything as long as all of us consider them as exactly the true human. Once we died, we can’t say we still have another life existed in the world. 

2 comments:

  1. Very good point, Zhipeng. We have twins, triplets, etc. in this world, and each individual is still considered an individual. While I'm sure these twins have some special connection, it is definitely a stretch to say that they are the "same." And so it is with cloning. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not like to have a copy yo live with me because it is just so weird and kind of frightening. That does not mean I would not like to live with my twin brother, if I had one, because even twins are more or less different. But an identical copy? Never.

    ReplyDelete