Monday, January 26, 2015

Joournal 1




I replaced my smartphone few weeks ago. The new one has a bigger screen, faster wireless and a more powerful chip. However, my life doesn’t change at all because of this new smartphone.

I got my first smartphone at my ninth grade, and it was my first cellphone, too.  So I have been used smartphone for about six years. When I got my first smartphone, I was so excited. It was hard to believe that I can watch video, get wireless Internet and play countless games using such small device at that time. After I got my first smartphone, what I most often did on smartphone is playing games. After about two years, I had a new smartphone and started to study smartphones. I changed systems and made small program on smartphones.  

I was really interested in smartphones when I was in high school; however, now I just regard my smartphone as a tool that makes my life more convenient and efficient. I seldom play mobile games and never change the system any more. I think that I am on my phone only 1 hour a day except sometimes I watch movie on my phone. In addition, I replaced my smartphone just because my last phone’s battery can only support my half day’s use. 

I am a kind of person who likes boredom, so when I am bored, I don’t reach for my phone and just enjoy the boredom. The emergence of smartphones is inevitable. It changes everyone’s life whether in a good way or a bad way. Some people use smartphones to create value for society, but some people just use smartphones wasting time.

Yang Xinyang

2 comments:

  1. I agree that some people, like you, are able to put the phone down when necessary, and for others, it becomes a sort of addiction. It seems like for you as well, smartphones actually helped fuel the kind of career you would choose, so it turn out to be a very positive aspect of your life.

    Thank you for sharing, Xinyang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your opinion is true, the smartphone bring to people many changes, no matter it is the positive changes or negative. I suppose no much more people will be like you to enjoy the boredom. if they can seem as you, the worth of smartphone will larger than its disadvantage.

    ReplyDelete